2. How Does HandPicked Nation Gather and Use Information?
(ii) Server Statistics. We collect general statistics to track user trends on our Site. These statistics include hits to our server, the types of browsers used to access our Site, page views, and navigational patterns. The information that is collected in this manner does NOT provide us with any personally identifiable information about our users. It helps us track “where” our users are coming from. This allows us to pinpoint high traffic areas and determine the most effective ways to communicate with our users. As part of that ongoing analysis, HandPicked Nation also uses devices called “web beacons” to help us identify when emails sent to you have been received and read. In order to prevent the introduction of viruses and hackers into the HandPicked Nation site we may collect information, such as IP addresses, into a log file to be used to identify potential hackers of the HandPicked Nation site.
Third Party Advertising
Some of the ads appearing on our Web site may be delivered to you by our Web advertising partner or partners. Information about your visit to a partner site or sites, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you. For more information about our advertising partner or partners, cookies, and how to “opt-out”, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. What Security Procedures Does HandPicked Nation Use To Protect Personal Information?
4. Will HandPicked Nation Disclose The Information It Collects To Outside Parties?
HandPicked Nation may share information with its subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, and with other carefully selected vendors and business partners with whom we work (collectively, “Site Affiliates”). This includes companies that offer affinity, frequent-user, and reward programs; and, companies that perform marketing services and other business operations for us (including providing goods and services to our users, as necessary to complete transactions you request). All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep all information confidential and to use the customer information only to provide the services we ask them to perform for you and us. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics do not include Personal Information. We may disclose Personal Information we collect from you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary (a) to obey the law or comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of other users of our Site; or (c) to act in an emergency to protect the personal safety of users of our Site or the public. On a limited basis, we may also disclose your Personal Information to certain Site Affiliates for their use in contacting you, when we reasonably believe their products or services are complementary to your interests or HandPicked Nation business.
5. External Links. Other companies or organizations may have links to their Sites on our Site.
6. Collection Of Information From Children.
HandPicked Nation does not direct any of our content specifically to children. Users of our Site are required to be at least 21 years old, and any user under 21 is not an authorized user. If we learn that a user is under thirteen (13) years of age, we will promptly delete any Personal Information we have collected about that user.
7. Consent To Processing In The United States.
8. Your California Privacy Rights.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address.
9. Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and HandPicked Nation?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our Site or in any properties hosted by HandPicked Nation becomes public information. HandPicked Nation’s Site is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
10. Our Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the HandPicked Nation Site, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
All comments and other content contributed to [Company Name] shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at HandPicked Nation’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The HandPicked Nation community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
- Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the HandPicked Nation community by being respectful and considerate.
- Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the HandPicked Nation community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.
11. Modification And Notification Of Changes.
HandPicked Nation may change this policy, but we’ll post any changes here, so be sure to check back for future information.
12. In Summary.